MARKET UPDATES :
- The Straits Times Index (STI) ended 16.81 points or 0.59% higher to 2848.09, taking the year-to-date performance to -1.20%.
- The top active stocks today were UOB, which gained 0.86%, DBS, which gained 0.57%, SingTel, which gained closed unchanged, OCBC Bank, which gained 0.69% and CapitaLand, with a 1.32% advance.
- The FTSE ST Mid Cap Index gained 0.62%, while the FTSE ST Small Cap Index rose 0.73%.
- The outperforming sectors today were represented by the FTSE ST Oil & Gas Index, which rose 2.67%. The two biggest stocks of the Index – Keppel Corp and Sembcorp Industries- ended 1.49% higher and 3.20% higher respectively.
- The underperforming sector was the FTSE ST Basic Materials Index, which slipped 0.12%. Midas Holdings shares remained unchanged and Geo Energy Resources increased 0.95%.
- The three most active Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) by value today were : STI ETF (+0.69%), CIMB FTSE ASEAN 40 (+1.34%), DBXT MSCI Korea ETF 10 (+2.38%).
- The three most active Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) by value were : Ascendas REIT (-0.42%), Capitamall Trust (unchanged), Capitacom Trust (unchanged)
- The most active index warrants by value today were : HSC9400UBeCW160929 (+18.09%), HSI20600MBePW160629 (-25.97%), HSI20000MBePW160728 (-20.23%)
- The most active stock warrants by value today were : DBS MB eCW161031 (+1.96%), KepCorp MB eCW161101 (+10.29%), UOB MB eCW161031 (+7.02%).
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- BUY EZRA ABOVE 0.0073 TGT 0.077 0.080 SL 0.069