MARKET UPDATES :
- The Straits Times Index (STI) ended 22.05 points or 0.78% higher to 2831.28, taking the year-to-date performance to -1.78%.
- The top active stocks today were DBS, which gained 1.29%, UOB, which gained 2.02%, SingTel, which gained 1.28%, OCBC Bank, which gained 1.04% and Noble, with a 9.62% fall.
- The FTSE ST Mid Cap Index declined 0.28%, while the FTSE ST Small Cap Index declined 0.39%.
- The outperforming sectors today were represented by the FTSE ST Telecommunications Index, which rose 1.34%.
- The two biggest stocks of the Index – SingTel and StarHub – ended 1.28% higher and 1.39% higher respectively.
- The underperforming sector was the FTSE ST Utilities Index, which slipped 1.30%. Keppel Infrastructure Trust shares declined 1.96% and SIIC Environment Holdings declined 1.48%.
- The three most active Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) by value today were : CIMB FTSE ASEAN 40 100 (+0.49%), STI ETF (+0.70%), SPDR Gold Shares (+2.28%)
- The three most active Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) by value were : Capitamall Trust (+0.49%), Mapletree Logistics Trust (-0.51%), Ascendas REIT (+2.17%)
- The most active index warrants by value today were : HSC9400UBeCW160929 (+8.05%), HSI21200UBeCW160929 (+0.74%), HSI19400UBePW160929 (-6.71%)
- The most active stock warrants by value today were : DBS MB eCW161031 (+7.37%), UOB MB eCW161031 (+10.68%), UOB MB eCW161031 (-3.74%)
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- BUY CNMC GOLDMINE ABOVE 0.295 TGT 0.305 0.315 SL 0.285