MARKET UPDATES :
- The Straits Times Index (STI) ended 14.14 points or 0.51% higher to 2809.23, taking the year-to-date performance to -2.55%.
- The top active stocks today were Noble, which declined 13.33%, SingTel, which gained 0.26%, DBS, which gained 0.07%, CityDev, which gained 4.26% and CapitaLand, with a 1.68% advance.
- The FTSE ST Mid Cap Index declined 0.04%, while the FTSE ST Small Cap Index rose 0.44%.
- The outperforming sectors today were represented by the FTSE ST Technology Index, which rose 3.05%. The two biggest stocks of the Index – Silverlake Axis and CSE Global – ended 3.92% higher and 1.19% higher respectively.
- The underperforming sector was the FTSE ST Utilities Index, which slipped 1.17%. Keppel Infrastructure Trust shares declined 0.98% and SIIC Environment Holdings declined 1.46%.
- The three most active Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) by value today were : SPDR Gold Shares (-0.22%), IS MSCI India 100 (-0.15%), STI ETF (+0.35%)
- The three most active Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) by value were : Ascendas REIT (+0.44%), Capitamall Trust (+1.50%), Capitacom Trust (+1.08%)
- The most active index warrants by value today were : HSI21000MBeCW160629 (+4.05%), HSI20000MBePW160728 (-7.62%), HSI19000MBePW160929 (-4.65%)
- The most active stock warrants by value today were : DBS MB eCW161031 (unchanged), DBS MB ePW161003 (-1.01%), UOB MB eCW161031 (-3.74%).
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- BUY ACROMEC ABOVE 0.545 TGT 0.570 0.585 SL 0.515