MARKET UPDATES :
- The Straits Times Index (STI) ended 4.55 points or 0.16% higher to 2795.09, taking the year-to-date performance to -3.04%.
- The top active stocks today were DBS, which declined 0.07%, ThaiBev, which gained 2.78%, SingTel, which closed unchanged, UOB, which closed unchanged and Wilmar Intl, with a 1.80% advance.
- The FTSE ST Mid Cap Index gained 0.10%, while the FTSE ST Small Cap Index rose 0.22%.
- The outperforming sectors today were represented by the FTSE ST Consumer Goods Index, which rose 2.24%. The two biggest stocks of the Index – Wilmar International and Thai Beverage – ended 1.80% higher and 2.78% higher respectively.
- The underperforming sector was the FTSE ST Real Estate Investment Trusts Index, which slipped 0.55%. CapitaMall Trust shares declined 0.99% and Ascendas REIT declined 0.43%.
- The three most active Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) by value today were : IS MSCI India 100 (+0.59%), DBXT MSCI Indonesia ETF 10 (unchanged), STI ETF (+1.06%)
- The three most active Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) by value were : Ascendas REIT (-0.43%), Capitamall Trust (-0.99%), Capitacom Trust (-1.07%)
- The most active index warrants by value today were : HSI19400UBePW160929 (-4.57%), HSI21000MBeCW160629 (+13.85%), HSI23800UBeCW161229 (+17.65%)
- The most active stock warrants by value today were : DBS MB eCW161031 (unchanged), KepCorp MBeCW161101 (unchanged), UOB MB eCW161031 (+2.89%)
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- BUY FEDERAL INT ABOVE 0.330 TGT 0.345 0.355 SL 0.315