MARKET UPDATES :
- The Straits Times Index (STI) ended 0.52 points or 0.02% lower to 2790.54, taking the year-to-date performance to -3.20%.
- The top active stocks today were DBS, which closed unchanged, SingTel, which gained 0.52%, HongkongLand USD, which closed unchanged, UOB, which gained 0.33% and OCBC Bank, with a 0.58% fall.
- The FTSE ST Mid Cap Index declined 0.25%, while the FTSE ST Small Cap Index declined 0.60%.
- The outperforming sectors today were represented by the FTSE ST Consumer Goods Index, which rose 0.95%. The two biggest stocks of the Index – Wilmar International and Thai Beverage – ended 0.30% higher and 2.86% higher respectively.
- The underperforming sector was the FTSE ST Basic Materials Index, which slipped 1.67%. Midas Holdings shares declined 1.85% and Geo Energy Resources declined 4.39%.
- The three most active Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) by value today were : IS MSCI India 100 (-0.29%), SPDR Gold Shares (+0.42%), STI ETF (-0.70%)
- The three most active Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) by value were : Ascendas REIT (+0.87%), Capitamall Trust (-0.49%), Suntec REIT (-0.90%)
- The most active index warrants by value today were : HSI19600MBePW160629A (-9.09%), HSI21000MBeCW160629 (-2.99%), HSI20000MBePW160629 (-8.70%)
- The most active stock warrants by value today were : KepCorp MBeCW161101 (-14.47%), HSC10000UBeCW160929 (+1.89%), DBS MB eCW161031 (-3.06%)
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- BUY JUMBO ABOVE 0.555 TGT 0.575 0.595 SL 0.525