MARKET UPDATES :
- The Straits Times Index (STI) ended 5.69 points or 0.2% lower to 2791.06, taking the year-to-date performance to -3.18%.
- The top active stocks today were HongkongLand USD, which declined 0.17%, DBS, which declined 0.32%, SingTel, which declined 0.77%, OCBC Bank, which gained 0.82% and Global Logistic, with a 0.28% fall.
- The FTSE ST Mid Cap Index gained 0.52%, while the FTSE ST Small Cap Index rose 0.57%.
- The outperforming sectors today were represented by the FTSE ST Utilities Index, which rose 2.34%. The two biggest stocks of the Index – Keppel Infrastructure Trust and SIIC Environment Holdings – ended 2.00% higher and 4.62% higher respectively.
- The underperforming sector was the FTSE ST Oil & Gas Index, which slipped 1.27%. Keppel Corp shares declined 1.83% and Sembcorp Industries declined 1.41%.
- The three most active Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) by value today were : IS MSCI India 100 (+0.88%), STI ETF (unchanged), iShares USD Asia HY Bond ETF (-0.84%)
- The three most active Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) by value were : Ascendas REIT (-1.29%), Capitamall Trust (-0.49%), Capitacom Trust (-2.11%)
- The most active index warrants by value today were : HSI22400UBeCW161028 (+17.11%), HSI20800UBeCW160629 (+27.45%), HSI21000MBeCW160629 (+9.84%)
- The most active stock warrants by value today were : DBS MB eCW161031 (-1.01%), KepCorp MBeCW161101 (-3.80%), UOB MB eCW161031 (+1.91%).
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- BUY HMI ABOVE 0.350 TGT 0.370 0.385 SL 0.330