MARKET UPDATES :
- The Straits Times Index (STI) ended 5.76 points or 0.21% lower to 2796.75, taking the year-to-date performance to -2.98%.
- The top active stocks today were DBS, which gained 0.06%, SingTel, which declined 0.76%, Noble, which declined 8.20%, Global Logistic, which gained 1.40% and Genting Sing, with a 3.40% advance.
- The FTSE ST Mid Cap Index declined 0.17%, while the FTSE ST Small Cap Index declined 0.04%.
- The outperforming sectors today were represented by the FTSE ST Oil & Gas Index, which rose 0.69%. The two biggest stocks of the Index – Keppel Corp and Sembcorp Industries – ended 0.92% higher and 0.71% higher respectively.
- The underperforming sector was the FTSE ST Technology Index, which slipped 1.41%. Silverlake Axis shares declined 1.98% and CSE Global remained unchanged.
- The three most active Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) by value today were : STI ETF (-0.35%), SPDR Gold Shares (-1.32%), IS MSCI India 100 (-0.73%)
- The three most active Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) by value were : Ascendas REIT (unchanged), Capitamall Trust (-0.49%), Capitacom Trust (+0.71%)
- The most active index warrants by value today were : HSI20000MBePW160629 (-11.67%), HSI21000MBeCW160629 (+1.67%), HSI19600MBePW160629A (-7.90%)
- The most active stock warrants by value today were : DBS MB eCW161031 (-1.98%), KepCorp MBeCW161101 (+3.95%), DBS MB eCW161031 (unchanged)
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- BUY FEDERAL INT ABOVE 0.270 TGT 0.280 0.290 SL 0.260