MARKET UPDATES :
- The Straits Times Index (STI) ended 29.2 points or 1.05% higher to 2802.51, taking the year-to-date performance to -2.78%.
- The top active stocks today were DBS, which gained 1.44%, SingTel, which gained 1.81%, OCBC Bank, which gained 0.71%, UOB, which gained 0.89% and Global Logistic, with a 0.85% advance.
- The FTSE ST Mid Cap Index gained 0.52%, while the FTSE ST Small Cap Index rose 0.26%.
- The outperforming sectors today were represented by the FTSE ST Telecommunications Index, which rose 1.72%.
- The two biggest stocks of the Index – SingTel and StarHub – ended 1.81% higher and 0.86% higher respectively.
- The underperforming sector was the FTSE ST Basic Materials Index, which slipped 0.07%. Midas Holdings shares remained unchanged and Geo Energy Resources remained unchanged.
- The three most active Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) by value today were : SPDR Gold Shares (-0.44%), DBXT MSCI Indonesia ETF 10 (+0.57%), IS MSCI India 100 (+2.24%)
- The three most active Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) by value were : Ascendas REIT (unchanged), Capitamall Trust (+0.49%), Capitacom Trust (-0.35%)
- The most active index warrants by value today were : HSI19600MBePW160629A (-14.61%), HSI20200MBeCW160629A (+18.69%), HSI19400UBePW160929 (-4.52%)
- The most active stock warrants by value today were : DBS MB eCW160711 (+13.68%), UOB MB eCW161031 (unchanged), DBS MB eCW161031 (unchanged)
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- BUY TUAN SING ABOVE 0.290 TGT 0.305 0.320 SL 0.275