MARKET UPDATES :
- The Straits Times Index (STI) ended 16.7 points or 0.6% lower to 2750.23, taking the year-to-date performance to -4.60%.
- The top active stocks today were Global Logistic, which declined 1.39%, SingTel, which declined 1.55%, DBS, which declined 0.33%, Ascendas REIT, which declined 0.86% and OCBC Bank, with a 0.94% fall.
- The FTSE ST Mid Cap Index declined 0.33%, while the FTSE ST Small Cap Index declined 0.36%.
- The outperforming sectors today were represented by the FTSE ST Consumer Goods Index, which rose 0.68%. The two biggest stocks of the Index – Wilmar International and Thai Beverage – ended 1.21% lower and 3.49% higher respectively.
- The underperforming sector was the FTSE ST Technology Index, which slipped 3.60%. Silverlake Axis shares declined 4.67% and CSE Global increased 7.14%.
- The three most active Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) by value today were : STI ETF (-0.36%), SPDR Gold Shares (-0.59%), DBXT MSCI Thailand TRN ETF 10 (-0.45%)
- The three most active Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) by value were : Ascendas REIT (-0.86%), Capitamall Trust (-0.97%), Capitacom Trust (+0.73%)
- The most active index warrants by value today were : HSI20200MBeCW160629A (unchanged), HSI20400UBeCW160929 (-2.63%), HSI21200UBeCW160929 (unchanged)
- The most active stock warrants by value today were : DBS MB eCW160711 (-4.49%), SingTel MB eCW161114 (-3.33%), UOB MB eCW160705 (-2.94%).
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- BUY JUMBO ABOVE 0.545 TGT 0.565 0.585 SL 0.515