MARKET UPDATES :
- The Straits Times Index (STI) ended 23.71 points or 0.87% higher to 2763.82, taking the year-to-date performance to -4.12%.
- The top active stocks today were SingTel, which gained 0.79%, Global Logistic, which declined 1.08%, DBS, which gained 0.80%, OCBC Bank, which gained 0.36% and Ascendas REIT, with a 1.76% advance.
- The FTSE ST Mid Cap Index gained 0.66%, while the FTSE ST Small Cap Index rose 0.14%.
- The outperforming sectors today were represented by the FTSE ST Oil & Gas Index, which rose 2.57%. The two biggest stocks of the Index – Keppel Corp and Sembcorp Industries – ended 2.68% higher and 3.31% higher respectively.
- The underperforming sector was the FTSE ST Technology Index, which slipped 1.19%. Silverlake Axis shares declined 1.84% and CSE Global remained unchanged.
- The three most active Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) by value today were : IS MSCI India 100 (-0.61%).,STI ETF (+0.72%), DBXT MSCI Indonesia ETF 10 (-0.59%)
- The three most active Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) by value were : Ascendas REIT (+1.76%), Manulife REIT (unchanged), Capitamall Trust (unchanged)
- The most active index warrants by value today were : HSI21200UBeCW160929 (+13.43%), HSI20400UBeCW160929 (+9.59%), HSI20200MBeCW160629A (+19.40%)
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- BUY ISR CAPITAL ABOVE 0.094 TGT 0.098 0.101 SL 0.089