MARKET UPDATES :
- The Straits Times Index (STI) ended 37 points or 1.33% lower to 2740.11, taking the year-to-date performance to -4.95%.
- The top active stocks today were Global Logistic, which declined 3.15%, SingTel, which declined 1.55%, OCBC Bank, which declined 0.36%, DBS, which declined 0.40% and ThaiBev, with a 4.47% fall.
- The FTSE ST Mid Cap Index declined 1.08%, while the FTSE ST Small Cap Index declined 0.84%.
- The outperforming sectors today were represented by the FTSE ST Utilities Index, which declined 0.54%. The two biggest stocks of the Index – Keppel Infrastructure Trust and SIIC Environment Holdings – ended 1.01% higher and 1.59% lower respectively.
- The underperforming sector was the FTSE ST Oil & Gas Index, which slipped 2.61%. Keppel Corp shares declined 2.61% and Sembcorp Industries declined 2.86%.
- The three most active Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) by value today were : STI ETF (-0.71%), SPDR Gold Shares (-1.35%), Nikko Am Singapore STI ETF (-1.05%)
- The three most active Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) by value were : Ascendas REIT (-2.16%), Capitamall Trust (-1.44%), Capitacom Trust (-2.13%)
- The most active index warrants by value today were : HSI20200MBeCW160629A (-10.67%), HSI21200UBeCW160929 (-9.46%), HSI20400UBeCW160929 (-5.20%)
- The most active stock warrants by value today were : DBS MB eCW160711 (-4.82%), OCBC Bk MBeCW161004 (+2.82%).
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- BUY RAMBA ENERGY ABOVE 0.200 TGT 0.215 0.230 SL 0.185