MARKET UPDATES :
- The Straits Times Index (STI) ended 4 points or 0.14% lower to 2777.11, taking the year-to-date performance to -3.66%.
- The top active stocks today were Global Logistic, which gained 4.67%, SingTel, which declined 0.77%, DBS, which declined 0.20%, SIA, which gained 1.22% and OCBC Bank, with a 0.12% fall.
- The FTSE ST Mid Cap Index declined 0.26%, while the FTSE ST Small Cap Index declined 0.24%.
- The outperforming sectors today were represented by the FTSE ST Real Estate Holding and Development Index, which rose 0.69%. The two biggest stocks of the Index – Hongkong Land Holdings and Global Logistic Properties – ended 1.66% higher and 4.67% higher respectively.
- The underperforming sector was the FTSE ST Basic Materials Index, which slipped 1.16%. Midas Holdings shares declined 1.85% and Geo Energy Resources declined 1.77%.
- The three most active Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) by value today were : iShares USD Asia HY Bond ETF (-0.56%), STI ETF (-0.71%), DBXT MSCI Taiwan ETF 10 (-0.97%)
- The three most active Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) by value were : Ascendas REIT (-1.28%), Capitamall Trust (+0.48%), Capitacom Trust (+0.71%)
- The most active index warrants by value today were : HSI21200UBeCW160929 (-11.91%), HSI20400UBeCW160929 (-12.50%), HSI22400UBeCW161028 (-13.43%)
- The most active stock warrants by value today were : DBS MB eCW160711 (-5.68%), OCBC Bk MBeCW161004 (-5.33%)
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- BUY UPP ABOVE 0.205 TARGET 0.220 0.240 SL 0.195