MARKET UPDATES :
- The Straits Times Index (STI) ended 45.05 points or 1.65% higher to 2781.11, taking the year-to-date performance to -3.53%.
- The top active stocks today were ThaiBev, which gained 5.42%, Global Logistic, which gained 4.00%, DBS, which gained 1.14%, OCBC Bank, which gained 2.05% and UOB, with a 2.10% advance.
- The FTSE ST Mid Cap Index gained 0.71%, while the FTSE ST Small Cap Index rose 1.27%.
- The outperforming sectors today were represented by the FTSE ST Oil & Gas Index, which rose 5.83%. The two biggest stocks of the Index – Keppel Corp and Sembcorp Industries – ended 6.07% higher and 5.77% higher respectively.
- The underperforming sector was the FTSE ST Health Care Index, which slipped 0.13%. Raffles Medical Group shares declined 0.63% and Riverstone Holdings declined 1.12%.
- The three most active Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) by value today were:SPDR Gold Shares (-0.83%), STI ETF (+1.43%), IS MSCI India 100 (+1.81%)
- The three most active Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) by value were : Ascendas REIT (+0.43%), Capitacom Trust (+1.08%), Capitamall Trust (+0.49%)
- The most active index warrants by value today were : HSI21200UBeCW160929 (+5.00%), HSC8400UBeCW160629 (+13.12%), HSI20800UBeCW160629 (+7.69%)
- The most active stock warrants by value today were : DBS MB eCW160711 (+15.79%), KepCorp MBeCW161101 (+23.81%)
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- BUY EZION ABOVE 0.510 TGT 0.530 0.560 SL 0.485