MARKET UPDATES :
- The Straits Times Index (STI) ended 12.52 points or 0.46% higher to 2745.39, taking the year-to-date performance to -4.76%.
- The top active stocks today were DBS, which gained 1.36%, SingTel, which gained 1.30%, OCBC Bank, which closed unchanged, Wilmar International, which closed unchanged and Global Logistic, with a 0.57% fall.
- The FTSE ST Mid Cap Index declined 0.34%, while the FTSE ST Small Cap Index rose 0.16%.
- The outperforming sectors today were represented by the FTSE ST Technology Index, which rose 1.53%. The two biggest stocks of the Index – Silverlake Axis and CSE Global – ended 0.93% higher and 3.45% higher respectively.
- The underperforming sector was the FTSE ST Health Care Index, which slipped 2.27%. Raffles Medical Group shares remainedun- changed and Riverstone Holdings increased by 0.57%
- The three most active Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) by value today were : iShares USD Asia Bond ETF (-0.56%), SPDR Gold Shares (-0.07%), DBXT MSCI Indonesia ETF10 (-0.24%)
- The three most active Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) by value were : Ascendas REIT (-1.24%), Capitamall Trust (+0.48%), Suntec REIT (unchanged)
- The most active index warrants by value today were : HSI21200UBeCW160929 (-7.22%), HSI20800UBeCW160629 (-3.57%)m, HSC8400UBeCW160629 (-3.75%)
- The most active stock warrants by value today were : DBS MB eCW160711 (+11.77%)
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- BUY VARD ABOVE 0.192 TGT 0.200 0.205 SL 0.182