MARKET UPDATES :
- The Straits Times Index (STI) ended 24.91 points or 0.9% lower to 2741.15, taking the year-to-date performance to -4.91%.
- The top active stocks today were SingTel, which declined 1.54%, DBS, which declined 0.74%, CapitaLand, which gained 0.67%, OCBC Bank, which declined 1.54% and UOB, with a 0.84% fall.
- The FTSE ST Mid Cap Index gained 0.46%, while the FTSE ST Small Cap Index declined 0.05%.
- The outperforming sectors today were represented by the FTSE ST Health Care Index, which rose 2.60%. The two biggest stocks of the Index – Raffles Medical Group and Riverstone Holdings – remained unchanged and ended 2.25% higher respectively.
- The underperforming sector was the FTSE ST Telecommunications Index, which slipped 1.50%. SingTel shares declined 1.54% and Star-Hub declined 1.18%.
- The three most active Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) by value today were : SPDR Gold Shares (-1.06%), STI ETF (-0.71%), Lyxor ETF MSCI World 10 (-1.54%)
- The three most active Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) by value were : Ascendas REIT (unchanged), Capitamall Trust (-2.82%), Capitacom Trust (+1.44%)
- The most active index warrants by value today were : HSI20000MBePW160530 (-8.24%), HSI20000MBePW160629 (-0.95%), HSI20600MBeCW160530 (+3.64%)
- The most active stock warrants by value today were : DBS MB eCW160711 (-9.76%)
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- BUY GS HLDG ABOVE 0.280 TGT 0.295 0.310 SL 0.265