MARKET UPDATES :
- The Straits Times Index (STI) ended 35.26 points or 1.29% higher to 2766.06, taking the year-to-date performance to -4.05%.
- The top active stocks today were SingTel, which gained 3.46%, DBS, which gained 0.27%, Noble, which declined 13.58%, OCBC Bank, which gained 1.20% and Ascendas REIT, with a 1.25% advance.
- The FTSE ST Mid Cap Index declined 0.25%, while the FTSE ST Small Cap Index declined 0.62%.
- The outperforming sectors today were represented by the FTSE ST Telecommunications Index, which rose 3.27%.
- The two biggest stocks of the Index – SingTel and StarHub – ended 3.46% higher and 1.81% higher respectively.
- The underperforming sector was the FTSE ST Technology Index, which slipped 1.55%. Silverlake Axis shares declined 0.90% while CSE Global gained 1.22%.
- The three most active Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) by value today were : STI ETF (+1.08%), SPDR Gold Shares (-0.16%), DBXT MSCI Indonesia ETF 10 (+1.55%)
- The three most active Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) by value were : Ascendas REIT (+1.25%), Capitamall Trust (+3.90%), Capitacom Trust (-1.07%)
- The most active index warrants by value today were : HSI21200UBeCW160929 (unchanged), HSI20000MBePW160530 (-13.27%), HSI20600MBeCW160530 (-1.79%)
- The most active stock warrants by value today were : DBS MB eCW160711 (-3.53%)
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- BUY ACROMEC ABOVE 0.485 TGT 0.505 0.525 SL 0.465