MARKET UPDATES :
- The Straits Times Index (STI) ended 37.01 points or 1.34% lower to 2730.8, taking the year-to-date performance to -5.27%.
- The top active stocks today were SingTel, which declined 0.53%, DBS, which declined 0.93%, UOB, which declined 1.71%, OCBC Bank, which declined 1.30% and Global Logistic, with a 3.21% fall.
- The FTSE ST Mid Cap Index declined 0.43%, while the FTSE ST Small Cap Index declined 0.42%.
- The outperforming sectors today were represented by the FTSE ST Technology Index, which rose 0.28%. The two biggest stocks of the Index – Silverlake Axis and CSE Global – remained unchanged and ended 1.2% lower respectively.
- The underperforming sector was the FTSE ST Oil & Gas Index, which slipped 2.58%. Keppel Corp shares declined 2.1% and Sembcorp Industries declined 4.2%.
- The three most active Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) by value today were : ABF Singapore Bond Index Fund ETF (unchanged), STI ETF (-1.07%), Nikko AM Singapore STI ETF (-1.05%)
- The three most active Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) by value were : Capitamall Trust (+0.49%), Ascendas REIT (+0.42%), Suntec REIT (-0.30%)
- The most active index warrants by value today were : HSI21200UBeCW160929 (-20.26%), HSI20600MBeCW160530 (-30.86%), HSI20800UBeCW160629 (-28.00%)
- The most active stock warrant by value today was : DBS MB eCW160711 (-9.57%)
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- BUY CWT ABOVE 2.150 TGT 2.235 2.300 SL 0.045