MARKET UPDATES :
- The Straits Times Index (STI) ended 23.78 points or 0.83% lower to 2838.52, taking the year-to-date performance to -1.53%.
- The top active stocks today were DBS, which declined 1.04%, OCBC Bank, which declined 1.46%, SingTel, which closed unchanged, UOB, which declined 1.33% and Wilmar Intl, with a 1.37% advance.
- The FTSE ST Mid Cap Index declined 0.36%, while the FTSE ST Small Cap Index declined 0.39%.
- The outperforming sectors today were represented by the FTSE ST Basic Materials Index, which rose 0.84%. The two biggest stocks of the Index – Midas Holdings and Geo Energy Resources – ended 1.79% higher and remained unchanged respectively.
- The underperforming sector was the FTSE ST Oil & Gas Index, which slipped 1.60%. Keppel Corp shares declined 2.00% and Sembcorp Industries declined 1.03%.
- The three most active Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) by value today were : SPDR Gold Shares (+1.40%), iShares USD Asia HY Bond ETF (unchanged), iShares MSCI India 100 (-1.76%).
- The three most active Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) by value were : Ascendas REIT (-0.41%), Capitamall Trust (-1.90%), Mapletree GCC Tr (+0.98%)
- The most active index warrants by value today were : HSI20800UBeCW160629 (-17.19%), HSI20000MBePW160629 (+15.94%), HSI21000MBePW160530 (+20.00%)
- The most active stock warrants by value today were : OCBC Bk MB eCW161003 (-11.11%), DBS MB ePW161003 (+4.51%), UOB MB eCW160704 (-17.02%).
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- BUY PARKSON RETAIL ABOVE 0.230 TGT 0.240 0.250 SL 0.220