MARKET UPDATES :
- The Straits Times Index (STI) ended 19.94 points or 0.69% lower to 2874.72, taking the year-to-date performance to -0.28%.
- The top active stocks today were SingTel, which declined 2.04%, CapitaLand, which gained 1.93%, OCBC Bank, which declined 0.77%, Wilmar Intl, which gained 1.68% and DBS, with a 0.51% fall.
- The FTSE ST Mid Cap Index declined 0.37%, while the FTSE ST Small Cap Index rose 0.14%.
- The outperforming sectors today were represented by the FTSE ST Consumer Goods Index, which rose 1.38%. The two biggest stocks of the Index – Wilmar International and Thai Beverage – ended 1.68% higher and 2.74% higher respectively.
- The underperforming sector was the FTSE ST Telecommunications Index, which slipped 1.94%. SingTel shares declined 2.04% and Star-Hub declined 0.90%.
- The three most active Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) by value today were : SPDR Gold Shares (+0.92%), iShares USD Asia Bond ETF (-0.38%), STI ETF (-0.69%)
- The three most active Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) by value were : Ascendas REIT (-1.61%), Capitamall Trust (-2.80%), Capitacom Trust (-2.07%)
- The most active index warrants by value today were : HSI20800UBeCW160629 (-5.37%), HSI21000MBePW160530 (+3.00%), HSI21400MBeCW160530 (-10.28%)
- The most active stock warrants by value today were : DBS MB eCW160705 (-11.32%), OCBC Bk MB eCW161003 (-8.11%), UOB MB ePW161003 (+4.05%)
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- BUY WILMAR INTL ABOVE 3.660 TGT 3.805 3.915 SL 3.475