MARKET UPDATES :
- The Straits Times Index (STI) ended 4.41 points or 0.15% lower to 2895.87, taking the year-to-date performance to +0.46%.
- The top active stocks today were SingTel, which gained 1.03%, DBS, which declined 0.13%, OCBC Bank, which declined 2.37%, UOB, which declined 0.67% and Keppel Corp, with a 0.90% fall.
- The FTSE ST Mid Cap Index declined 0.39%, while the FTSE ST Small Cap Index rose 0.08%.
- The outperforming sectors today were represented by the FTSE ST Basic Materials Index, which rose 1.56%. The two biggest stocks of the Index – Midas Holdings and Geo Energy Resources- ended 3.64% higher and ended unchanged respectively.
- The underperforming sector was the FTSE ST Technology Index, which slipped 1.60%. Silverlake Axis shares declined 1.72% and CSE Global declined 2.25%.
- The three most active Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) by value today were : STI ETF (+0.35%), IS MSCI India 100 (+1.96%), DBXT MSCI Indonesia ETF 10 (-1.77%)
- The three most active Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) by value were : Capitamall Trust (+2.39%), Ascendas REIT (+1.22%), Capitacom Trust (-0.69%)
- The most active index warrants by value today were : HSI20800UBeCW160629 (unchanged), HSI21000MBePW160530 (-7.41%), HSI20000MBePW160629 (-9.46%)
- The most active stock warrants by value today were : DBS MB eCW160705 (+3.92%), OCBC Bk MB eCW161003 (+1.37%), UOB MB eCW160704 (-3.57%)
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- BUY KEPPEL REIT ABOVE 1.045 TGT 1.085 1.120 SL 0.995