MARKET UPDATES :
- The Straits Times Index (STI) ended 40.15 points or 1.37% lower to 2900.28, taking the year-to-date performance to +0.61%.
- The top active stocks today were SingTel, which declined 2.02%, DBS, which declined 0.70%, UOB, which declined 0.66%, Keppel Corp, which declined 2.63% and OCBC Bank, with a 1.17% fall.
- The FTSE ST Mid Cap Index declined 1.04%, while the FTSE ST Small Cap Index declined 0.68%.
- The outperforming sectors today were represented by the FTSE ST Utilities Index, which rose 0.03%. The two biggest stocks of the Index – Keppel Infrastructure Trust and SIIC Environment Holdings – ended 1.02% higher and 2.04% lower respectively.
- The underperforming sector was the FTSE ST Oil & Gas Index, which slipped 2.75%. Keppel Corp shares declined 2.63% and Sembcorp Industries declined 2.67%.
- The three most active Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) by value today were : SPDR Gold Shares (-1.16%), STI ETF (-1.36%), IS MSCI India 100 (-1.48%)
- The three most active Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) by value were : Ascendas REIT (-1.60%), Capitamall Trust (+0.48%), Capitacom Trust (-1.35%)
- The most active index warrants by value today were : HSI21000MBePW160530 (+10.20%), HSI21400MBeCW160530 (-17.80%), HSI20000MBePW160629 (+7.25%)
- The most active stock warrants by value today were : DBS MB eCW160705 (-13.56%), UOB MB eCW160704 (-17.65%), UOB MB eCW160705 (-13.93%)
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- BUY IMPERIUM CROWN ABOVE 0.075 TGT 0.078 0.080 SL 0.071