MARKET UPDATES :
- The Straits Times Index (STI) ended 20.35 points or 0.69% lower to 2940.43, taking the year-to-date performance to +2.00%.
- The top active stocks today were SingTel, which closed unchanged, Global Logistic, which declined 1.27%, Keppel Corp, which declined 5.00%, DBS, which declined 0.38% and UOB, with a 0.71% fall.
- The FTSE ST Mid Cap Index declined 0.10%, while the FTSE ST Small Cap Index declined 0.35%.
- The outperforming sectors today were represented by the FTSE ST Health Care Index, which rose 0.33%. The two biggest stocks of the Index – Raffles Medical Group and Riverstone Holdings- ended 0.22% higher and 1.51% higher respectively.
- The underperforming sector was the FTSE ST Oil & Gas Index, which slipped 3.80%. Keppel Corp shares declined 5.00% and Sembcorp Industries declined 2.60%.
- The three most active Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) by value today were : SPDR Gold Shares (-0.81%), CIMB FTSE Asean40 100 (+1.55%), Nikko AM Singapore STI ETF(unchanged)
- The three most active Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) by value were : Ascendas REIT (-0.79%), Suntec REIT (-0.86%), Capitacom Trust (+1.02%)
- The most active index warrants by value today were : HSI21400MBeCW160530 (-8.53%), HSI21000MBePW160530 (+5.38%), HSI20000MBePW160629 (+2.99%)
- The most active stock warrants by value today were : OCBC Bk MB eCW161003 (-5.88%), UOB MB eCW160704 (-1.45%), DBS MB eCW160705 (-1.67%)
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- BUY COSMO STEEL ABOVE 0.130 TARGET 0.134 0.140 SL 0.125