MARKET UPDATES :
- The Straits Times Index (STI) ended 10.83 points or 0.37% higher to 2960.78, taking the year-to-date performance to +2.71%.
- The top active stocks today were SingTel, which gained 0.51%, DBS, which declined 0.25%, OCBC Bank, which gained 0.64%, Keppel Corp, which gained 0.17% and UOB, with a 0.30% fall.
- The FTSE ST Mid Cap Index gained 1.10%, while the FTSE ST Small Cap Index rose 0.60%.
- The outperforming sectors today were represented by the FTSE ST Industrials Index, which rose 3.18%. The two biggest stocks of the Index – Jardine Matheson Holdings and Jardine Strategic Holdings – ended 4.92% higher and 4.04% higher respectively.
- The underperforming sector was the FTSE ST Technology Index, which slipped 0.48%. Silverlake Axis shares declined 0.86% and CSE Global declined 2.22%.
- The three most active Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) by value today were : SPDR Gold Shares (+0.76%), STI ETF (+0.34%), IS MSCI India 100 (-0.29%)
- The three most active Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) by value were : Ascendas REIT (+0.80%), Capitamall Trust (unchanged), Suntec REIT (+2.05%)
- The most active index warrants by value today were : HSI21400MBeCW160530 (+26.47%), HSI20000MBePW160629 (-16.25%), HSI21000MBePW160530 (-23.14%)
- The most active stock warrants by value today were : DBS MB eCW160705 (-10.45%), OCBC Bk MB eCW161003 (+1.19%), UOB MB eCW160704 (-8.00%)
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- BUY CHINA EVERBRIGHT ABOVE 0.670 TGT 0.695 0.715 SL 0.635