MARKET UPDATES :
- The Straits Times Index (STI) ended 10.01 points or 0.34% higher to 2923.94, taking the year-to-date performance to +1.43%.
- The top active stocks today were SingTel, which gained 0.79%, OCBC Bank, which gained 0.32%, DBS, which gained 0.51%, UOB, which declined 0.05% and Ascendas REIT, with a 2.02% advance.
- The FTSE ST Mid Cap Index gained 0.37%, while the FTSE ST Small Cap Index declined 0.02%.
- The outperforming sectors today were represented by the FTSE ST Utilities Index, which rose 3.10%. The two biggest stocks of the Index – Keppel Infrastructure Trust and SIIC Environment Holdings – remained unchanged and 5.93% higher respectively.
- The underperforming sector was the FTSE ST Oil & Gas Index, which slipped 0.41%. Keppel Corp shares remained unchanged and Sembcorp Industries declined 0.65%.
- The three most active Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) by value today were : STI ETF (+0.69%), IS MSCI India 100 (+0.59%), DBXT MSCI Brazil TRN ETF10 (+0.64%)
- The three most active Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) by value were : Ascendas REIT (+2.02%), Capitamall Trust (+1.40%), Capitacom Trust (+0.70%)
- The most active index warrants by value today were : HSI20000MBePW160629 (-1.16%), HSI20000MBePW160530 (-3.13%), HSI21000MBeCW160428 (-4.51%)
- The most active stock warrants by value today were : OCBC Bk MB eCW161003 (+1.30%), DBS MB eCW160705 (+3.33%), UOB MB eCW160704 (-2.70%)
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- BUY CHINA EVERBRIGHT ABOVE 0.605 TARGET 0.630 0.670 SL 0.575