MARKET UPDATES :
- The Straits Times Index (STI) ended 5.41 points or 0.19% higher to 2814.65, taking the year-to-date performance to -2.36%.
- The top active stocks today were DBS, which gained 0.13%, SingTel, which gained 0.82%, UOB, which gained 0.75%, OCBC Bank, which declined 0.11% and Global Logistic, with a 1.02% fall.
- The FTSE ST Mid Cap Index gained 0.18%, while the FTSE ST Small Cap Index rose 0.61%.
- The outperforming sectors today were represented by the FTSE ST Basic Materials Index, which rose 1.38%. The two biggest stocks of the Index – Midas Holdings and Geo Energy Resources- ended 3.77% higher and 0.86% higher respectively.
- The underperforming sector was the FTSE ST Technology Index, which slipped 1.15%. Silverlake Axis shares declined 1.63% and CSE Global gained 3.33%.
- The three most active Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) by value today were : SPDR Gold Shares (+1.06%), DBXT MSCI Indonesia ETF 10 (+0.63%), DBXT FTSE Vietnam ETF 10 (+1.18%).
- The three most active Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) by value were : Ascendas REIT (unchanged), Capitacom Trust (-1.05%), Capitamall Trust (unchanged)
- The most active index warrants by value today were : HSI20600MBeCW160530 (-4.84%), HSI20800UBeCW160629 (-5.66%);HSI21000MBeCW160428 (-8.89%)
- The most active stock warrants by value today were : DBS MB eCW160711 (-2.06%), NKY 16000MBeCW160610 (unchanged), DBS MB ePW161003 (-0.62%).
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- BUY CHINESE GLOBAL ABOVE 0.022 TARGET 0.024 0.028 SL 0.019