MARKET UPDATES :
- The Straits Times Index (STI) ended 0.92 points or 0.03% higher to 2809.24, taking the year-to-date performance to -2.55%.
- The top active stocks today were SingTel, which declined 1.35%, DBS, which gained 0.40%, CapitaLand, which gained 1.34%, OCBC Bank, which gained 1.03% and Keppel Corp, with a 0.52% advance.
- The FTSE ST Mid Cap Index declined 0.13%, while the FTSE ST Small Cap Index declined 0.44%.
- The outperforming sectors today were represented by the FTSE ST Technology Index, which rose 0.57%. The two biggest stocks of the Index – Silverlake Axis and CSE Global- ended unchanged and closed unchanged respectively.
- The underperforming sector was the FTSE ST Telecommunications Index, which slipped 1.27%. SingTel shares declined 1.35% and StarHub declined 0.30%.
- The three most active Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) by value today were : SPDR Gold Shares (+1.06%), STI ETF (unchanged), DBXT S&P 500 Short ETF 10 (+0.38%)
- The three most active Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) by value were : Ascendas REIT (+1.68%), Capitamall Trust (-0.47%), Suntec REIT (unchanged)
- The most active index warrants by value today were : HSI20600MBeCW160530 (+6.90%), HSI21000MBeCW160428 (unchanged), HSI20000MBePW160629 (-8.03%)
- The most active stock warrants by value today were : DBS MB eCW160711 (+1.04%), DBS MB ePW161003 (-2.41%), NKY 15500MBePW160610 (unchanged).
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- BUY FEDERAL INTL ABOVE 0.250 TARGET 0.270 0.300 SL 0.225