MARKET UPDATES :
- The Straits Times Index (STI) ended 10.86 points or 0.39% lower to 2802.73, taking the year-to-date performance to -2.78%.
- The top active stocks today were UOB, which declined 1.17%, DBS, which declined 0.60%, SingTel, which declined 0.27%, OCBC Bank, which declined 0.34% and CapitaLand, with a 1.00% fall.
- The FTSE ST Mid Cap Index gained 0.08%, while the FTSE ST Small Cap Index rose 0.39%.
- The outperforming sectors today were represented by the FTSE ST Basic Materials Index, which rose 2.10%. The two biggest stocks of the Index – Midas Holdings and Geo Energy Resources- ended 3.85% higher and 1.72% higher respectively.
- The underperforming sector was the FTSE ST Consumer Goods Index, which slipped 0.86%. Wilmar International shares declined 0.59% and Thai Beverage declined 0.69%.
- The three most active Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) by value today were : DBXT IBOXX Singapore ETF 5 (unchanged), STI ETF (unchanged), SPDR Gold Shares (+0.23%)
- The three most active Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) by value were : Capitamall Trust (+2.40%), Capitacom Trust (+1.06%), Ascendas REIT (+1.28%)
- The most active index warrants by value today were : HSI20600MBePW160428 (-12.41%), HSI19600MBePW160428 (-18.52%), HSI20600MBeCW160530 (+8.41%)
- The most active stock warrants by value today were : DBS MB eCW160711 (-4.00%), DBS MB ePW161003 (unchanged), KepCorp MBeCW161101 (+1.91%).
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- BUY CORDLIFE GRB ABOVE 1.415 TARGET 1.455 1.505 SL 1.350