MARKET UPDATES :
- The Straits Times Index (STI) ended 0.37 points or 0.01% higher to 2811.62, taking the year-to-date performance to -2.47%.
- The top active stocks today were SingTel, which declined 1.33%, DBS, which gained 0.40%, SingPost, which declined 3.39%, Keppel Corp, which gained 1.24% and OCBC Bank, with a 1.03% advance.
- The FTSE ST Mid Cap Index declined 0.22%, while the FTSE ST Small Cap Index declined 0.02%.
- The outperforming sectors today were represented by the FTSE ST Industrials Index, which rose 0.89%. The two biggest stocks of the Index – Jardine Matheson Holdings and Jardine Strategic Holdings – ended 4.09% higher and 2.64% higher respectively.
- The underperforming sector was the FTSE ST Telecommunications Index, which slipped 1.06%. SingTel shares declined 1.33% and Star-Hub declined 1.20%.
- The three most active Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) by value today were : SPDR Gold Shares (+0.38%), DBXT MSCI Asia Ex Japan ETF 10 (unchanged), STI ETF (-0.36%).
- The three most active Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) by value were : Capitacom Trust (-2.07%), Ascendas REIT (-0.84%), Capitamall Trust (-1.42%).
- The most active index warrants by value today were : HSI20800UBeCW160629 (unchanged), HSI20600MBePW160428 (-8.67%), HSI20200MBeCW160428 (unchanged).
- The most active stock warrants by value today were : DBS MB eCW160711 (unchanged), DBS MB ePW161003 (-1.19%), KepCorp MBeCW161212 (+6.38%).
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- BUY ASCOTT REIT ABOVE 1.105 TARGET 1.135 1.170 SL 1.060