MARKET UPDATES :
- The Straits Times Index (STI) ended 34.43 points or 1.21% lower to 2800.92, taking the year-to-date performance to -2.84%.
- The top active stocks today were DBS, which declined 0.79%, SingTel, which declined 1.58%, UOB, which declined 1.33%, OCBC Bank, which declined 1.24% and Global Logistic, with a 2.27% fall.
- The FTSE ST Mid Cap Index declined 0.22%, while the FTSE ST Small Cap Index declined 0.58%.
- The outperforming sectors today were represented by the FTSE ST Industrials Index, which rose 0.40%. The two biggest stocks of the Index – Jardine Matheson Holdings and Jardine Strategic Holdings – ended 2.06% higher and 0.51% higher respectively.
- The underperforming sector was the FTSE ST Oil & Gas Index, which slipped 3.00%. Keppel Corp shares declined 2.63% and Sembcorp Industries declined 3.36%.
- The three most active Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) by value today were : SPDR Gold Shares (+1.42%), STI ETF (-1.75%), Lyxor China H 10 (-3.68%)
- The three most active Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) by value were : Ascendas REIT (-0.42%), Capitamall Trust (-1.43%), Capitacom Trust (-0.35%)
- The most active index warrants by value today were : HSI20800UBeCW160629 (-17.24%), HSI20600MBePW160428 (+22.84%), HSI19600MBePW160428 (+24.07%)
- The most active stock warrants by value today were : DBS MB eCW160711 (-8.18%), UOB VT eCW160916 (-8.67%), KepCorp MBeCW161212 (-11.11%).
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- BUY RIVER STONE ABOVE 0.965 TARGET 0.990 1.025 SL 0.930