MARKET UPDATES :
- The Straits Times Index (STI) ended 22.41 points or 0.79% lower to 2818.49, taking the year-to-date performance to -2.23%.
- The top active stocks today were DBS, which declined 1.11%, SingTel, which declined 1.83%, OCBC Bank, which declined 0.23%, UOB, which declined 0.58% and ComfortDelGro, with a 0.69% fall.
- The FTSE ST Mid Cap Index declined 0.23%, while the FTSE ST Small Cap Index declined 0.51%.
- The outperforming sectors today were represented by the FTSE ST Consumer Goods Index, which rose 0.26%. The two biggest stocks of the Index – Wilmar International and Thai Beverage – ended unchanged and closed unchanged respectively.
- The underperforming sector was the FTSE ST Telecommunications Index, which slipped 1.74%. SingTel shares declined 1.83% and Star-Hub declined 1.19%.
- The three most active Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) by value today were : IS MSCI India 100 (-1.34%), Ishares USD Asia HY Bond ETF (-0.29%), Ishares Usd Asia Bond ETF (+0.57%)
- The three most active Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) by value were : Capitamall Trust (-0.48%), Ascendas REIT (-0.42%), Capitacom Trust (-1.02%)
- The most active index warrants by value today were : HSI20800UBeCW160629 (-15.12%), HSI20800UBePW160428 (+17.70%), HSI21000MBeCW160428 (-24.14%)
- The most active stock warrants by value today were : DBS MB eCW160711 (-10.40%), DBS MB ePW161003 (+4.43%), DBS VT eCW160916 (-8.13%).
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- BUY TSH ABOVE 0.098 TGT 0.102 0.105 SL 0.093