MARKET UPDATES :
- The Straits Times Index (STI) ended 31.88 points or 1.11% lower to 2840.9, taking the year-to-date performance to -1.45%.
- The top active stocks today were SingTel, which declined 0.78%, OCBC Bank, which declined 1.23%, DBS, which declined 0.71%, UOB, which declined 0.95% and ComfortDelGro, with a 1.02% fall.
- The FTSE ST Mid Cap Index declined 0.91%, while the FTSE ST Small Cap Index declined 0.49%.
- The outperforming sectors today were represented by the FTSE ST Basic Materials Index, which rose 0.17%. The two biggest stocks of the Index – Midas Holdings and Geo Energy Resources- ended unchanged and 1.70% lower respectively.
- The underperforming sector was the FTSE ST Oil & Gas Index, which slipped 2.14%. Keppel Corp shares declined 2.35% and Sembcorp Industries declined 1.95%.
- The three most active Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) by value today were : IS MSCI India 100 (+0.90%), Ishares USD Asia Bond ETF (-0.38%), STI ETF (-0.69%)
- The three most active Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) by value were : Ascendas REIT (-0.83%), Capitamall Trust (-1.42%), Capitacom Trust (-2.00%)
- The most active index warrants by value today were : HSI21000MBeCW160428 (-11.22%), HSI20600MBePW160428 (+5.94%), HSI20800UBePW160428 (+0.89%).
- The most active stock warrants by value today were : DBS MB eCW160711 (-5.30%), DBS MB ePW161003 (+1.28%), DBS VT eCW160916 (-4.19%).
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- BUY REX INTL AT 0.120-0.121 TARGET 0.126 0.132 SL 0.112