MARKET UPDATES :
- The Straits Times Index (STI) ended 53.7 points or 1.9% higher to 2872.78, taking the year-to-date performance to -0.35%.
- The top active stocks today were DBS, which gained 2.04%, SingTel, which gained 1.58%, OCBC Bank, which gained 1.47%, UOB, which gained 2.97% and Global Logistic, with a 2.90% advance.
- The FTSE ST Mid Cap Index gained 1.12%, while the FTSE ST Small Cap Index rose 0.91%.
- The outperforming sectors today were represented by the FTSE ST Oil & Gas Index, which rose 3.10%. The two biggest stocks of the Index – Keppel Corp and Sembcorp Industries – ended 3.29% higher and 3.36% higher respectively.
- The underperforming sector was the FTSE ST Basic Materials Index, which slipped 0.13%. Midas Holdings shares remained unchanged and Geo Energy Resources gained 1.72%.
- The three most active Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) by value today were : SPDR Gold Shares (+1.83%) ,IS MSCI India 100 (+0.91%), DBXT MSCI Indonesia ETF 10 (+2.72%)
- The three most active Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) by value were: Ascendas REIT (-0.41%) , Capitamall Trust (unchanged), Capitacom Trust (+1.01%)
- The most active index warrants by value today were : HSI21000MBeCW160428 (+36.11%), HSI19200MBePW160530 (-27.84%), HSI21400MBeCW160530 (+34.67%)
- The most active stock warrants by value today were : DBS MB eCW160711 (+12.82%), KepCorp MBeCW161212 (+10.38%), DBS VT eCW160916 (+8.44%).
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- BUY TECH OIL & GAS AT CMP 0.200 TARGET 0.210 0.220 SL 0.185