MARKET UPDATES :
- The Straits Times Index (STI) ended 1.33 points or 0.05% higher to 2881.98, taking the year-to-date performance to -0.03%.
- The top active stocks today were Global Logistic, which gained 5.32%, Noble, which gained 4.26%, SingTel, which declined 0.78%, DBS, which gained 0.13% and OCBC Bank, with a 0.11% fall.
- The FTSE ST Mid Cap Index gained 0.32%, while the FTSE ST Small Cap Index rose 0.33%.
- The outperforming sectors today were represented by the FTSE ST Basic Materials Index, which rose 0.87%. The two biggest stocks of the Index – Midas Holdings and Geo Energy Resources- remained unchanged and 0.86% higher respectively.
- The underperforming sector was the FTSE ST Telecommunications Index, which slipped 0.66%. SingTel shares declined 0.78% and StarHub gained 0.60%.
- The three most active Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) by value today were : SPDR Gold Shares (-1.16%), IS MSCI India 100 (-0.30%), DBXT MSCI China TRN ETF10 (unchanged)
- The three most active Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) by value were : Ascendas REIT (-0.41%), Capitamall Trust (-0.46%), Capitacom Trust (unchanged)
- The most active index warrants by value today were : HSI21000MBeCW160428 (unchanged), HSI20600MBePW160428 (-2.88%), HSI19600MBePW160428 (-8.70%)
- The most active stock warrants by value today were : DBS MB eCW160711 (+0.71%), DBS VT eCW160722 (unchanged), DBS VT eCW160916 (+1.13%).
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- BUY GLOBAL LOGISTIC ABOVE 1.995 TARGET 2.030 2.100 SL 1.945