MARKET UPDATES :
- The Straits Times Index (STI) ended 0.04 points or 0% lower to 2880.65, taking the year-to-date performance to -0.07%.
- The top active stocks today were DBS, which declined 1.27%, Noble, which gained 4.44%, SingTel, which gained closed unchanged, OCBC Bank, which gained 0.66% and Wilmar Intl, with a 1.82% advance.
- The FTSE ST Mid Cap Index gained 0.23%, while the FTSE ST Small Cap Index rose 0.13%.
- The outperforming sectors today were represented by the FTSE ST Basic Materials Index, which rose 2.33%. The two biggest stocks of the Index – Midas Holdings and Geo Energy Resources- ended 3.57% higher and 0.85% lower respectively.
- The underperforming sector was the FTSE ST Health Care Index, which slipped 0.59%. Raffles Medical Group shares declined 1.10% and Biosensors International Group remained unchanged.
- The three most active Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) by value today were : IS MSCI India 100 (+0.15%), SPDR Gold Shares (+0.69%), Nikko AM Singapore STI ETF (+0.34%)
- The three most active Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) by value were : Ascendas REIT (-0.81%), Capitamall Trust (+2.35%), Capitacom Trust (+0.68%)
- The most active index warrants by value today were : HSI21000MBeCW160428 (-7.69%), HSI20600MBePW160428 (+4.51%), HSI20000VTeCW160428 (-6.50%)
- The most active stock warrants by value today were : DBS MB eCW160711 (-9.62%), KepCorp MBeCW161212 (-0.78%), UOB MB eCW160705 (-8.20%)
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- BUY NOBLE ABOVE 0.470 TARGET 0.500 0.540 SL 0.425