MARKET UPDATES :
- The Straits Times Index (STI) ended 26.63 points or 0.92% higher to 2906.8, taking the year-to-date performance to +0.83%.
- The top active stocks today were DBS, which gained 1.78%, SingTel, which gained 1.83%, OCBC Bank, which gained 1.98%, Wilmar Intl, which gained 1.85% and UOB, with a 0.31% advance.
- The FTSE ST Mid Cap Index gained 0.59%, while the FTSE ST Small Cap Index rose 0.16%.
- The outperforming sectors today were represented by the FTSE ST Industrials Index, which rose 2.19%. The two biggest stocks of the Index – Jardine Matheson Holdings and Jardine Strategic Holdings – ended 4.03% higher and 1.71% higher respectively.
- The underperforming sector was the FTSE ST Technology Index, which slipped 3.91%. Silverlake Axis shares remained unchanged and CSE Global gained 2.17%.
- The three most active Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) by value today were : STI ETF (+1.04%), DBXT MSCI Indonesia ETF 10 (-0.68%), IS MSCI India 100 (+0.62%).
- The three most active Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) by value were : Ascendas REIT (+2.48%), Capitamall Trust (+0.47%), Capitacom Trust (+1.03%).
- The most active index warrants by value today were : HSI21000MBeCW160428 (+4.08%), HSI19600MBePW160428 (-9.64%), HSI20200MBeCW160428 (+5.95%).
- The most active stock warrants by value today were : DBS MB eCW160711 (+9.09%),KepCorp MBeCW161212 (-0.76%), UOB MB eCW160705 (-2.90%).
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- BUY YOMA STRATEGIC ABOVE 0.570 TARGET 0.600 0.640 SL 0.520