MARKET UPDATES :
- The Straits Times Index (STI) ended 35.96 points or 1.26% higher to 2880.17, taking the year-to-date performance to -0.09%.
- The top active stocks today were DBS, which gained 2.41%, SingTel, which gained 0.53%, OCBC Bank, which gained 1.56%, UOB, which gained 2.18% and Keppel Corp, with a 1.67% advance.
- The FTSE ST Mid Cap Index gained 0.73%, while the FTSE ST Small Cap Index rose 0.63%.
- The outperforming sectors today were represented by the FTSE ST Oil & Gas Index, which rose 2.21%. The two biggest stocks of the Index – Keppel Corp and Sembcorp Industries – ended 1.67% higher and 3.28% higher respectively.
- The underperforming sector was the FTSE ST Health Care Index, which slipped 0.20%. Raffles Medical Group shares remained unchangedand Biosensors International Group declined 0.60%.
- The three most active Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) by value today were : IS MSCI India 100 (+1.42%), SPDR Gold Shares (+2.88%), STI ETF (+1.05%)
- The three most active Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) by value were : Capitamall Trust (+1.43%), Ascott REIT (+0.47%), Ascendas REIT (unchanged)
- The most active index warrants by value today were : HSI19600MBePW160428 (-14.43%), HSI21000MBeCW160428 (+11.36%), HSI19800MBeCW160330 (+14.07%)
- The most active stock warrants by value today were : KepCorp MBeCW161212 (+4.76%), DBS MB eCW160711 (+14.93%), UOB MB eCW160705 (+15.97%)
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- BUY GLOBAL LOGI ABOVE 1.910 TARGET 1.940 1.980 SL 1.830