MARKET UPDATES :
- The Straits Times Index (STI) ended 4.77 points or 0.17% higher to 2844.21, taking the year-to-date performance to -1.34%.
- The top active stocks today were SingTel, which declined 0.52%, DBS, which gained closed unchanged, OCBC Bank, which gained 0.68%, UOB, which gained 0.32% and Keppel Corp, with a 0.84% advance.
- The FTSE ST Mid Cap Index gained 0.44%, while the FTSE ST Small Cap Index rose 0.21%.
- The outperforming sectors today were represented by the FTSE ST Oil & Gas Index, which rose 0.86%. The two biggest stocks of the Index – Keppel Corp and Sembcorp Industries – ended 0.84% higher and 1.67% higher respectively.
- The underperforming sector was the FTSE ST Technology Index, which slipped 3.10%. Silverlake Axis shares gained 0.86% and CSE Global gained 2.15%.
- The three most active Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) by value today were : IS MSCI India 100 (-0.31%), SPDR Gold Shares (-0.36%), DBXT Euro Stoxx 50 ETF 10 (+0.73%)
- The three most active Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) by value were : Ascendas REIT (+0.83%), Capitamall Trust (-0.47%), Ascott REIT (unchanged)
- The most active index warrants by value today were : HSI19800MBeCW160330 (-1.46%), HSI19600MBePW160428 (-2.02%), HSI21000MBeCW160428 (-2.22%)
- The most active stock warrants by value today were : UOB MB eCW160705 (unchanged), KepCorp MBeCW161212 (+1.61%), DBS MB eCW160711 (unchanged)
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- BUY JAPFA ABOVE 0.600 TARGET 0.630 0.670 SL 0.540