MARKET UPDATES :
- The Straits Times Index (STI) ended 19.74 points or 0.7% higher to 2828.86, taking the year-to-date performance to -1.87%.
- The top active stocks today were DBS, which gained 0.59%, Keppel Corp, which gained 2.71%, OCBC Bank, which gained 1.15%, SingTel, which gained 0.53% and UOB, with a 0.87% advance.
- The FTSE ST Mid Cap Index gained 0.52%, while the FTSE ST Small Cap Index rose 0.60%.
- The outperforming sectors today were represented by the FTSE ST Utilities Index, which rose 2.10%. The two biggest stocks of the Index – Keppel Infrastructure Trust and SIIC Environment Holdings – ended 2.11% higher and 2.99% higher respectively.
- The underperforming sector was the FTSE ST Industrials Index, which rose 0.13%. Jardine Matheson Holdings shares gained 0.26% and Jardine Strategic Holdings gained 1.41%.
- The three most active Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) by value today were : IS MSCI India 100 (-0.47%), SPRDR Gold Shares (+1.11%), Ishares USD Asia Bond ETF (-1.83%)
- The three most active Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) by value were : Ascendas REIT (+0.42%), Capitamall Trust (-0.94%), Capitacom Trust (+1.05%)
- The most active index warrants by value today were: HSI19800MBeCW160330 (+18.49%), HSI19600MBePW160428 (-11.48%), HSI20200MBeCW160428 (+14.39%)
- The most active stock warrants by value today were : DBS MB eCW160711 (+4.80%), KepCorp MBeCW161212 (+8.94%), NKY 18000MBeCW160610 (+9.17%)
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- BUY CHINA ENV ABOVE 0.075 TARGET 0.085 0.098 SL 0.062