MARKET UPDATES :
- The Straits Times Index (STI) ended 1.31 points or 0.05% lower to 2809.12, taking the year-to-date performance to -2.55%.
- The top active stocks today were DBS, which declined 0.53%, Ezra, which declined 1.67%, Keppel Corp, which declined 1.67%, SingTel, which declined 0.27% and UOB, with a 0.49% advance.
- The FTSE ST Mid Cap Index gained 0.21%, while the FTSE ST Small Cap Index declined 0.12%.
- The outperforming sectors today were represented by the FTSE ST Consumer Goods Index, which rose 0.83%. The two biggest stocks of the Index – Wilmar International and Thai Beverage – ended unchanged and 0.67% lower respectively.
- The underperforming sector was the FTSE ST Technology Index, which slipped 1.94%. Silverlake Axis shares declined 3.31% and CSE Global remained unchanged.
- The three most active Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) by value today were : IS MSCI India 100 (+0.94%),
SPDR Gold Shares (-0.52%), DBXT MSCI Brazil Trn ETF10 (+3.33%).
- The three most active Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) by value were : Ascendas REIT (+0.84%),
Capitamall Trust (+0.47%), Capitacom Trust (unchanged).
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- BUY IEV HLDGS ABOVE 0.115 TARGET 0.120 0.130 SL 0.105