MARKET UPDATES :
- The Straits Times Index (STI) ended 31.66 points or 1.14% higher to 2810.43, taking the year-to-date performance to -2.51%.
- The top active stocks today were Ezra, which gained 20.00%, DBS, which gained 0.73%, SingTel, which gained 1.34%, Keppel Corp, which gained 3.99% and Noble, with a 3.33% fall.
- The FTSE ST Mid Cap Index gained 0.54%, while the FTSE ST Small Cap Index rose 1.32%.
- The outperforming sectors today were represented by the FTSE ST Oil & Gas Index, which rose 4.43%. The two biggest stocks of the Index – Keppel Corp and Sembcorp Industries – ended 3.99% higher and 5.52% higher respectively.
- The underperforming sector was the FTSE ST Industrials Index, which slipped 0.49%. Jardine Matheson Holdings shares declined 1.24%and Jardine Strategic Holdings declined 2.50%.
- The three most active Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) by value today were : SPDR Gold Shares (-1.49%), IS MSCI India 100 (+1.11%), DBXT MSCI Indonesia Etf 10 (unchanged)
- The three most active Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) by value were : Capitamall Trust (+0.47%), Ascendas REIT (+1.28%), Capitacom Trust (+1.06%)
- The most active index warrants by value today were : HSI19800MBeCW160330 (+1.65%), HSI19600MBePW160428 (-1.49%), HSI20200MBeCW160428 (+9.38%)
- The most active stock warrants by value today were : KepCorp MBeCW161212 (+13.79%), DBS MB eCW160711 (+6.45%),NKY 18000MBeCW160610 (-4.67%)
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- BUY FIRST REIT ABOVE 1.210 TARGET 1.250 1.300 SL 1.160