MARKET UPDATES :
- The Straits Times Index (STI) ended 47.05 points or 1.67% lower to 2776.46, taking the year-to-date performance to -3.69%.
- The top active stocks today were DBS, which declined 1.69%, Keppel Corp, which declined 6.94%, SingTel, which declined 0.80%, OCBC Bank, which declined 0.92% and Ezra, with a 2.91% fall.
- The FTSE ST Mid Cap Index declined 1.28%, while the FTSE ST Small Cap Index declined 1.12%.
- The outperforming sectors today were represented by the FTSE ST Health Care Index, which declined 0.53%. The two biggest stocks of the Index – Raffles Medical Group and Biosensors International Group- ended 0.23% lower and 0.61% higher respectively.
- The underperforming sector was the FTSE ST Oil & Gas Index, which slipped 7.16%. Keppel Corp shares declined 6.94% and Sembcorp Industries declined 9.09%.
- The three most active Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) by value today were : SPDR Gold Shares (+0.64%), STI ETF (-1.77%), DBXT MSCI Indonesia ETF 10 (-1.85%)
- The three most active Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) by value were : Ascendas REIT (-1.67%), Capitamall Trust (-0.94%), Capitacom Trust (-1.74%)
- The most active index warrants by value today were : HSI20200MBeCW160428 (-17.95%), HSI19800MBeCW160330 (-13.57%), HSI19600MBePW160428 (unchanged)
- The most active stock warrants by value today were : DBS MB eCW160711 (-12.06%), KepCorp MBeCW161212 (-24.18%), NKY 15500MBePW160610 (+5.22%)
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- BUY COSMOSTEEL AT 0.121 TARGET 0.128 0.134 0.140 SL 0.117