MARKET UPDATES :
- The Straits Times Index (STI) ended 44.92 points or 1.61% higher to 2832.54, taking the year-to-date performance to -1.74%.
- The top active stocks today were DBS, which gained 4.42%, OCBC Bank, which gained 2.09%, UOB, which gained 1.81%, Noble, which gained 10.53% and SingTel, with a 0.26% fall.
- The FTSE ST Mid Cap Index gained 1.48%, while the FTSE ST Small Cap Index rose 0.86%.
- The outperforming sectors today were represented by the FTSE ST Oil & Gas Index, which rose 4.51%. The two biggest stocks of the Index – Keppel Corp and Sembcorp Industries – ended 5.17% higher and 3.63% higher respectively.
- The underperforming sector was the FTSE ST Industrials Index, which slipped 0.78%. Jardine Matheson Holdings shares declined 2.13%and Jardine Strategic Holdings gained 0.30%.
- The three most active Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) by value today were : SPDR Gold Shares (+2.20%), STI ETF (+2.16%), IS MSCI India 100 (+0.48%)
- The three most active Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) by value were : Ascendas REIT (+1.25%), Capitamall Trust (+1.88%), Capitacom Trust (+4.24%)
- The most active index warrants by value today were : HSI19800MBeCW160330 (+14.52%), HSI19200MBePW160330 (-25.68%), HSI20600MBeCW160330 (+20.97%)
- The most active stock warrants by value today were : DBS MB eCW160711 (+37.37%), KepCorp MBeCW161212 (+17.50%), UOB MB eCW160705 (+26.04%)
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- BUY GLOBAL LOGI ABOVE 1.910 TARGET 1.960 2.050 SL 1.840