MARKET UPDATES :
- The Straits Times Index (STI) ended 52.81 points or 1.94% higher to 2779.77, taking the year-to-date performance to -3.57%.
- The top active stocks today were DBS, which gained 3.30%, OCBC Bank, which gained 3.49%, UOB, which gained 3.17%, SingTel, which gained 1.60% and JMH USD, with a 1.23% advance.
- The FTSE ST Mid Cap Index gained 1.01%, while the FTSE ST Small Cap Index rose 0.79%.
- The outperforming sectors today were represented by the FTSE ST Oil & Gas Index, which rose 5.22%. The two biggest stocks of the Index – Keppel Corp and Sembcorp Industries – ended 5.65% higher and 5.58% higher respectively.
- The underperforming sector was the FTSE ST Technology Index, which slipped 1.07%. Silverlake Axis shares declined 2.44% and CSE Global gained 1.10%.
- The three most active Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) by value today were : STI ETF (+1.46%), SPDR Gold Shares (+1.15%), IS MSCI India 100 (+1.94%).
- The three most active Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) by value were : Capitamall Trust (-1.39%), Ascendas REIT (+0.84%), Suntec REIT (+1.21%)
- The most active index warrants by value today were : HSI19800MBeCW160330 (-6.06%), HSI19200MBePW160330 (+1.37%), HSI20600MBeCW160330 (-6.06%)
- The most active stock warrants by value today were : DBS MB eCW161004 (+17.37%), KepCorp MBeCW161212 (+18.81%), UOB MB eCW160711 (+16.77%)
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- BUY QT VASCULAR ABOVE 0.117 TARGET 0.120 0.127 SL 0.108