MARKET UPDATES :
- The Straits Times Index (STI) ended 44.57 points or 1.66% higher to 2726.96, taking the year-to-date performance to -5.40%.
- The top active stocks today were DBS, which gained 2.89%, Global Logistic, which gained 4.49%, OCBC Bank, which gained 2.59%, SingTel, which gained 0.81% and UOB, with a 2.68% advance.
- The FTSE ST Mid Cap Index gained 0.74%, while the FTSE ST Small Cap Index rose 1.36%.
- The outperforming sectors today were represented by the FTSE ST Oil & Gas Index, which rose 3.04%. The two biggest stocks of the Index – Keppel Corp and Sembcorp Industries – ended 3.39% higher and 2.50% higher respectively.
- The underperforming sector was the FTSE ST Real Estate Investment Trusts Index, which rose 0.31%. CapitaMall Trust shares declined 0.46% and Ascendas REIT remained unchanged.
- The three most active Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) by value today were : DBXT Iboxx Korea ETF 5 (unchanged), STI ETF (+1.86%), Ishares USD Asia Bond ETF (-0.29%)
- The three most active Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) by value were : Capitamall Trust (-0.46%), Ascendas REIT (unchanged), Mapletree Log Tr (+0.52%)
- The most active index warrants by value today were : HSI19800MBeCW160330 (+48.32%), HSI20200MBeCW160428 (+46.08%), HSI18000MBePW160428 (-30.10%)
- The most active stock warrants by value today were : DBS MB eCW161004 (+15.97%), KepCorp MBeCW161212 (+13.48%), UOB MB eCW160711 (+14.82%)
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- BUY GLOBAL LOGI ABOVE 1.860 TARGET 1.920 1.980 SL 1.740