MARKET UPDATES :
- The Straits Times Index (STI) ended 15.88 points or 0.6% higher to 2682.39, taking the year-to-date performance to -6.95%.
- The top active stocks today were DBS, which gained 1.92%, JMH USD, which declined 2.06%, SingTel, which declined 0.54%, OCBC Bank, which gained 0.37% and UOB, with a 0.23% advance.
- The FTSE ST Mid Cap Index gained 0.17%, while the FTSE ST Small Cap Index rose 1.05%.
- The outperforming sectors today were represented by the FTSE ST Oil & Gas Index, which rose 2.72%. The two biggest stocks of the Index – Keppel Corp and Sembcorp Industries – ended 2.51% higher and 4.48% higher respectively.
- The underperforming sector was the FTSE ST Industrials Index, which slipped 0.93%. Jardine Matheson Holdings shares declined 2.06%and Jardine Strategic Holdings gained 0.17%.
- The three most active Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) by value today were : IS MSCI India 100 (+2.88%), SPDR Gold Shares (+0.46%), STI ETF (unchanged)
- The three most active Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) by value were : Capitamall Trust (-0.91%), Ascendas REIT (-1.24%), Mapletree Gcc Tr (+6.04%)
- The most active index warrants by value today were : HSI20200MBeCW160428 (+13.33%), HSI19800MBeCW160330 (+28.99%), HSI18400MBePW160330 (-20.00%)
- The most active stock warrants by value today were : DBS MB eCW161004 (+8.27%), UOB MB eCW160711 (+1.50%), KepCorp MBeCW161212 (+8.54%)
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- BUY VARD HLDGS ABOVE 0.160 TARGET 0.165 0.175 SL 0.152