MARKET UPDATES :
- The Straits Times Index (STI) ended 17.13 points or 0.65% higher to 2666.51, taking the year-to-date performance to -7.50%.
- The top active stocks today were JMH USD, which gained 3.04%, DBS, which declined 0.07%, SingTel, which gained 0.81%, OCBC Bank, which gained 0.62% and JSH USD, with a 1.80% advance.
- The FTSE ST Mid Cap Index declined 0.01%, while the FTSE ST Small Cap Index rose 0.06%.
- The outperforming sectors today were represented by the FTSE ST Industrials Index, which rose 2.30%. The two biggest stocks of the Index – Jardine Matheson Holdings and Jardine Strategic Holdings – ended 3.04% higher and 1.80% higher respectively.
- The underperforming sector was the FTSE ST Utilities Index, which slipped 0.09%. Keppel Infrastructure Trust shares remained unchangedand SIIC Environment Holdings remained unchanged.
- The three most active Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) by value today were : SPDR Gold Shares (+0.23%), STI ETF (+1.13%),IS MSCI India 100 (-0.17%)
- The three most active Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) by value were : Capitamall Trust (+1.39%), Ascendas REIT (+0.83%), Suntec REIT (+0.60%)
- The most active index warrants by value today were : HSI19800MBeCW160330 (-29.59%), HSI18400MBePW160330 (+12.50%), CN10000MBeCW160629 (-10.39%)
- The most active stock warrants by value today were : DBS MB eCW161004 (-2.92%), UOB MB eCW160711 (+0.76%), KepCorp MBeCW161212 (unchanged).
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- BUY TECH & OIL GAS ABOVE 0.140 TARGET 0.150 0.160 SL 0.132