MARKET UPDATES :
- The Straits Times Index (STI) ended 30.79 points or 1.16% lower to 2613.79, taking the year-to-date performance to -9.33%.
- The top active stocks today were UOB, which declined 3.43%, SingTel, which declined 2.90%, DBS, which declined 0.59%, OCBC Bank, which gained 0.13% and Keppel Corp, which closed unchanged.
- The FTSE ST Mid Cap Index declined 0.35%, while the FTSE ST Small Cap Index declined 0.42%.
- The outperforming sectors today were represented by the FTSE ST Technology Index, which rose 0.23%. The two biggest stocks of the Index – Silverlake Axis and CSE Global- ended unchanged and 1.19% higher respectively.
- The underperforming sector was the FTSE ST Telecommunications Index, which slipped 3.08%. SingTel shares declined 2.90% and StarHub declined 6.32%.
- The three most active Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) by value today were : STI ETF (-1.50%), DBXT MSCI China TRN ETF 10 (-0.38%), IS MSCI India 100 (unchanged)
- The three most active Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) by value were : Ascendas REIT (-1.68%), Capitamall Trust (-0.48%), Mapletree Gcc Tr (+0.60%)
- The most active index warrants by value today were : HSI19800MBeCW160330 (-13.59%), HSI18400MBePW160330 (+5.69%), HSI19600MBePW160226 (+12.68%)
- The most active stock warrants by value today were : DBS MB eCW161004 (-4.58%), UOB MB eCW160705 (-23.96%), KepCorp MBeCW161212 (unchanged).
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- BUY SEMBCORP MARINE ABOVE 1.620 TARGET 1.650 1.700 SL 1.570