MARKET UPDATES :
- The Straits Times Index (STI) ended 36.68 points or 1.41% higher to 2644.58, taking the year-to-date performance to -8.26%.
- The top active stocks today were DBS, which gained 2.01%, SingTel, which gained 1.60%, UOB, which declined 0.22%, Capita- Land, which gained 0.35% and OCBC Bank, with a 1.70% advance.
- The FTSE ST Mid Cap Index gained 0.97%, while the FTSE ST Small Cap Index rose 0.62%.
- The outperforming sectors today were represented by the FTSE ST Oil & Gas Index, which rose 4.07%. The two biggest stocks of the Index – Keppel Corp and Sembcorp Industries – ended 3.59% higher and 4.15% higher respectively.
- The underperforming sector was the FTSE ST Health Care Index, which remain unchanged 0.00%. Raffles Medical Group shares gained0.24% and Biosensors International Group remain unchanged.
- The three most active Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) by value today were : SPDR Gold Shares (-0.58%), S MSCI India 100 (-1.33%),STI ETF (+1.53%)
- The three most active Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) by value were : Capitamall Trust (-0.47%), Ascendas REIT (-0.83%), Suntec REIT (+1.25%)
- The most active index warrants by value today were : HSI19800MBeCW160330 (+11.96%), HSI18400MBePW160330 (-12.77%), HSI17600MBePW160330 (-16.00%)
- The most active stock warrants by value today were : DBS MB eCW161004 (+13.33%), UOB MB eCW160705 (-4.00%), KepCorp MBeCW161212 (+55.36%)
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- BUY YZJ SHIPBLDG SGD ABOVE 0.960 TARGET 1.000 1.050 SL 0.920