MARKET UPDATES :
- The Straits Times Index (STI) ended 67.95 points or 2.68% higher to 2607.9, taking the year-to-date performance to -9.53%.
- The top active stocks today were SingTel, which gained 4.47%, DBS, which gained 3.00%, JMH USD, which gained 2.39%, OCBC Bank, which gained 2.41% and UOB, with a 1.65% advance.
- The FTSE ST Mid Cap Index gained 1.56%, while the FTSE ST Small Cap Index rose 0.29%.
- The outperforming sectors today were represented by the FTSE ST Telecommunications Index, which rose 4.16%.
- The two biggest stocks of the Index – SingTel and StarHub – ended 4.47% higher and 1.38% higher respectively.
- The underperforming sector was the FTSE ST Technology Index, which slipped 1.00%. Silverlake Axis shares declined 0.89% and CSE Global declined 1.21%.
- The three most active Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) by value today were : SPDR Gold Shares (-2.37%), Nikko Am Singapore STI ETF (+3.07%), STI ETF (+2.34%)
- The three most active Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) by value were : Ascendas REIT (+2.13%), Capitamall Trust (+2.93%), Mapletree Gcc Tr (+3.70%)
- The most active index warrants by value today were : HSI19800MBeCW160330 (+31.43%), HSI17600MBePW160330 (-22.48%), HSI18400MBePW160330 (-22.53%)
- The most active stock warrants by value today were : DBS MB eCW161004 (+14.41%), UOB MB eCW160705 (+8.70%), NKY 16000MBeCW160311 (+66.67%)
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- BUY NOBLE ABOVE 0.330 TARGET 0.360 0.400 SL 0.285