MARKET UPDATES :
- The Straits Times Index (STI) ended 1.25 points or 0.05% higher to 2539.53, taking the year-to-date performance to -11.91%.
- The top active stocks today were DBS, which declined 0.91%, SingTel, which gained 1.13%, JMH USD, which declined 1.39%, OCBC Bank, which gained 0.13% and UOB, with a 0.34% advance.
- The FTSE ST Mid Cap Index declined 0.50%, while the FTSE ST Small Cap Index declined 0.31%.
- The outperforming sectors today were represented by the FTSE ST Oil & Gas Index, which rose 1.75%. The two biggest stocks of the Index – Keppel Corp and Sembcorp Industries – ended 2.11% higher and 1.70% higher respectively.
- The underperforming sector was the FTSE ST Utilities Index, which slipped 1.84%. Keppel Infrastructure Trust shares declined 1.09% and SIIC Environment Holdings remained unchanged.
- The three most active Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) by value today were : SPDR Gold Shares (+1.81%), STI ETF (unchanged), DBXT MSCI China TRN ETF 10 (+0.20%)
- The three most active Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) by value were : Ascendas REIT (+1.73%), Capitamall Trust (-1.44%), Mapletree Gcc Tr (-2.99%)
- The most active index warrants by value today were : HSI18400MBePW160330 (+0.55%), HSI17600MBePW160330 (-4.44%), HSI19800MBeCW160330 (-6.67%)
- The most active stock warrants by value today were : NKY 16000MBeCW160311 (-42.50%), UOB MB eCW160705 (+8.24%), DBS MB eCW161004 (-4.84%)
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- BUY GMG GLOBAL ABOVE 0.420 TARGET 0.445 0.475 SL 0.390